Photography Consultation + Mentorships
I am a Photographer’s Editor and an Expert at Visual Story Telling
As mentor and teacher, I have guided hundreds of beginning and advanced image-makers to expand their understanding of photography as a creative and visual tool. I have helped photographers and organizations from around the world develop successful photography projects that are unique and powerful. With my assistance, photographers gain clarity and better understand how to edit and sequence a group of images, thereby creating a concise visual story, portfolio, website, or exhibition.
I Offer Photographers
• The tools to refine and edit their work • Advice on the direction of a body of work and how to improve the clarity and scope of a portfolio • Help in sequencing and editing a group of images for a website, book project, graduate school application, contest, juried show, or grant application • Insight into new directions and development of personal photography • Process to refine artist and project statements • Vision to create strong commercial portfolios for clients • Basic instruction in shooting technique. I can work with you One to One in my studio in New York City or from afar, offering tutorials and advisement sessions via telephone, skype, or other internet venues. I can also travel to your location for an intensive personalized One to One workshop program.
We can meet for a brief and specific period of time, or establish an ongoing and regular schedule. For long-term plans involving several sessions, I offer an advance payment terms with reduced rates. You can also combine ongoing One to One sessions with my group Living Room Critiques. Additionally, I am always available for pay-as-you-go individual sessions.
Contact Me To Learn More
Living Room Critiques
My living room critiques are small independent workshops that meet in my home in New York City. These sessions offer an intimate but structured environment where the photographer receives expert input and ongoing dialog with fellow photographers. This supportive setting is for photographers who enjoy working independently, but also appreciate structured critiques and group.
Living Room Critiques On The Road
If you are part of a creative organization or a collective of photographers which would like to commission me to teach a tailor-made workshop in your location, or serve as workshop leader for a photographic expedition to locations exotic or mundane, please contact me to discuss the details.
Visual Advice for Companies, Organizations and Start-Ups In the 21st century.
Photography’s role in creating an image over the internet has become paramount, making photography the cornerstone of communication for websites and social networks.
The ability to convey a visual story with photographs relies on editing and sequencing.
How images are used on a website can either attract or deflect viewers, so a succinct edit of groups of images are essential.
News organizations, start ups, and small and large companies are transforming how they use and think about photography and now make visual storytelling part of their communication strategies.
I can help your organizations find the best methods for using photography as an effective tool across all communication platforms.
What I Can Offer Your Company
• Advice on visual content to create a web presence and connect you with the social networking experts that will take your images to the next level
• Assemble a team of professionals to develop a multi media presentation that articulates your image and vision
• Aid in the development of hard copy material such as pamphlets, books or mailers
• Workshops and Seminars. Some organizations would rather do their work in-house, but lack staff that is educated in visual storytelling. I can create workshops and seminars tailored to your specific needs and match you with the right photography, editing or multi-media expert who will train your staff to work independently.